I am a technical writer with a background in webdevelopment. I’ve had side jobs as graphic designer, a shortened education in DTP, two art academies, and a year of being a backend developer. I love automating things and seeing a good and functional result.
Beside my dayjob, I enjoy working as translator.
I provide translations in the following languages
- English to Dutch
- German to Dutch
- French to Dutch
- Belgian to Dutch
I work with
- Text documents (RTF, Doc, Docx, Odf)
- Translation files (e.g. Poedit, Excel XLS, CSV, TXT)
- Git, SVN, TFS, other preferred repository
I have extensive experience with git-based workflows. I work directly in code on files we’ve agreed upon, under NDA possible. I work with fast translation methods, optimizations by complex regular expressions (regexp) and knowledge of the context of the translation. Translation of formatted text and strings in code are possible.
Invoicing per project based on an agreed price per translated word. Inquire for a payment agreement.
Relevant work experience
- Dutch native and Dutch as mother tongue
- Good knowledge of English (OOPT C1 level, 2016), German, French
- 10 years of experience as UX-designer and frontend developer in IT
- From 2018 on, I work as freelance translator for TextMaster (German/English/Belgian to Dutch)
I like to record voice overs. For that you can find me on Voices.com.